Strong Business Banking, Middle Market, loan underwriting, credit approval, lending process design, leadership, communication, presentation, and managerial skills. Commercial Banking leadership experience at the national, state and local levels.
Senior Vice President & Chief Credit Officer – Core Middle Market, Business and Private Banking
$133+ billion Bank
Responsibilities included; managing all of Bancorp's Business Banking, Core Middle Market and Private Banking Credit operations throughout their twelve (12) state footprint including all fifteen (15) Affiliates. Manage five (5) direct reports and 140 FTE who manage $6.5 billion in exposures consisting of 1,500 Core Middle Market and 12,500 Business Banking relationships. C&I Lending authority of $25-$50 million, depending on credit grade.
Assessed the Businesses over the first 90 days and developed a long term (3 year) "Strategy & Vision" that outlined our current state, future state, critical business "goals", as well as the costs and benefits of becoming a top tier pre-provision net revenue leader in these businesses.
Led a large cross discipline Project Team to replace our current Loan Origination System with a true "end-to-end" platform. One point of entry for the Field that will drive enhanced revenues from the Retail Branches and the RM Channel. Building out proprietary scorecards and changing our judgmental underwriting methodology for closer alignment to the Field, Policy, and existing market opportunities.
Instituted streamlined Renewal and New Credit Underwriting documents for aggregate hard exposures up to $10 million, plus another $10 million of soft exposure. Reduced turn times by up to half in the Core Middle Market segment and significantly enhanced Portfolio Manager efficiency permitting higher account loads with consistent credit quality.
Developed dedicated Risk Analytics for enhancing our Early Warning System to reduce loss rates and to automate renewals of lower exposures to achieve 25-30% efficiency increases in the Lending Centers.
Senior Vice President & Senior Manager of Corporate (Middle Market) Banking
$29+ billion Regional Bank
- Managed three (3) Teams consisting of thirty (30) Corporate Bankers and a portfolio of $2.5 billion in commitments that included general (C&I) loans, and specialty groups covering Native American lending, healthcare, franchise finance and correspondent banking.
- Led the Teams to record new loan closings of over $312 million in 2010, as well as to record syndication and other fee income.
- Grew deposits under the responsibility of the Department over 21% to $900 million; most clients were located in Tulsa and Northeast Oklahoma.
- The dominant bank in the market with 24% market share.
- Generated significant fee income from treasury management and international services.
- All commercial bankers understood the products, especially credit products, and were expected to fully underwrite and service their client’s needs.
Managing Director and Head of Americas Commercial Lending
- Recruited to redesign the commercial credit underwriting, portfolio management processes and to re-engage referrals of new business opportunities from Financial Advisors across the Country. Managed ten (10) direct reports that together are responsible for administering all aspects of the $5.1 billion commercial loan portfolio (109 H/C) with loan originations from $1 million to $100 million.
- Dramatically improved the overall credit processes by enhancing speed-to-delivery across all credit segments and credit quality by implementing a defined Loan Policy insuring a consistent, measurable, unified credit culture.
- Conducted over twenty-five Commercial Credit Seminars nationally that revived Financial Advisor interest in cross selling commercial lending products to their clients.
- Almost $1.5 billion of new credit originations to our best Advisory Asset Clients were funded in the first nine months of 2008, prior to the merger announcement, a record.
- Designed and implemented two new “specialty lending” products for Professionals and Investment Real Estate.
SVP & National Business Banking Credit Delivery Manager
Senior Vice President & National Business Banking Credit Delivery Manager
Senior Vice President & Manager of the Dallas Business Loan Center
Senior Vice President & National Manager- Extended Delivery Process (“EDP”)
- Master of Science in Business Administration
- Business & Finance (with Honors)
- Bachelor of Arts - Business & Economics
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society, Delta Mu Delta National Business Honor Society
- Completed “full-time graduate student” course load schedule in 21 months of night classes while working full-time, graduated with 3.90 GPA.
- Active for Life Member of Phi Kappa Phi
- Active Participant in Cancer Free Kids Research Alliance