BMET Field Service Engineer - Outside Accounts
An experienced BMET who currently supervises Junior Level BMET's and QA Techs while covering all outside accounts. They specialize in general biomed, ventilators, and nurse call systems. This individual is looking for a position in either New Jersey or South Carolina
Current Employer - Senior BMET / Field Service Engineer - 2002 to Present
- Service/Manage field service activities for all outside accounts, secure service business growth.
- Field support to all system hospitals and Livingston outside accounts, ventilator specialist, renal.
- JCAHO prep, in-service education, workflow and time accountability management projects.
- Supervise Junior BMET’s and QA Techs in daily routine and training to elevate levels of service
- Repairs of medical equipment. Respiratory, telemetry/monitoring specialist. Rehab/Renal repairs.
- Ventilator (Siemens-Servo 300A, PB-700, PLV-102) and Defibrillator preventive maintenance.
- Senior level technician covering all general biomed, ventilators, nurse call systems.
Third Party Company - Asset Manager/Manager of Biomedical Electronics Engineering - 2000 to 2002
- Direct asset management and technical operations of biomedical electronics department for a 3rd party organization that has replaced a long-time, in-house biomed program.
- Re-develop and administrate a suitable program to successfully maintain proper care of all medical equipment.
- Develop and maintain departmental budget for this account with our firm and provide account with financial reconciliation’s for modifications. Account value responsibility was approx $900,000 with a 35% field margin maintained.
- Procure & administer vendor contracts.
- Sourcing skills have saved firm and client thousands of dollars in parts and out-side labor costs.
- Serve on management and clinical committees. Create EOC, safety, HAZMAT, & risk reports.
- Successful completion of JCAHO inspection as well as state inspections.
- Successful hiring of technical and administrative staffs; provide technical training in field.
- Provide senior BMET III level service, repairs and pm’s on various medical equipment.
GE Clinical Services, Inc. - Biomed Technician III - 1995 to 2000
- Troubleshoot micro-computer hardware/software/networks/printers/other office equipment.
- Troubleshoot medical/surgical diagnostic patient care electronic equipment such as: monitors/defibs/tele/EKG, Cath lab image/data, resp-vents (PB7200, Adult/Infant-Star, Bird 8400, Siemens, Bear-Cub), lab, EEG, dialysis & water treatment, ob/nursery, general biomed.
- Repairs to board & component level of medical electronic/diagonostic equipment, computers & printers in a hospital setting, many using SUN H/W & Unix S/W or advanced Windows S/W.
- Order/second source required replacement parts to be cost-effective and timely in repairs.
- Train technical school graduates and cross-train Biomed techs to do PC and printer repair.
- On-call scheduling for technical staff
- Attend Mgt. Team, Safety, and Critical Care mtg and perform hazardous surveillance rounds
- Thomas Edison State College - BS, Business administration
- Brick Computer Science Institute - Data Processing Equipment Repair I and II
- Naval School of Health Sciences NRMC - Hospital Corps (HM-A) School