Our client is a leading organization around the world in supplying ready-to-install components in the automotive and non-automotive industries. They maintain locations around the world and pride themselves on being a progressive, innovative, data-driven organization. They are currently expanding their capabilities at their Eastern-Central Illinois plant and are looking for a highly motivated, technology driven individual to join their procurement team.
This position reports to the Electronic Maintenance Group Leader and is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing plant equipment as well as taking on and overseeing special electronics projects. Specific responsibilities include:
- PLC programming, troubleshooting, and diagnosing machine faults/failures. Adding PLC relay outputs at the request of the customer is an important part of the job
- Taking on special projects pertaining to plant electronics
- Be the controls expert for the plant and that includes researching and recommending machine control upgrades to address outdated controls
- Maintain electrical drawings, document changes and generate upgraded drawings
- Prepare daily log reports to ensure proper follow up on machine problems and repairs
- Work on special projects such as machine function additions and troubleshooting, and repairing plant equipment
- Assist Electrical Technicians
The following is the educational, skills, and/or experience requirements and physical demands for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred, but an Associate’s Degree in Electronics is acceptable
- Minimum 5 years of experience troubleshooting electronic controls in a manufacturing setting
- Understanding of schematics and program reading
- Knowledgeable in a variety of machine software
- Basic algebraic mathematical ability is required and an understanding of standard to metric conversions
- Excellent oral and written language ability
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Project Management skills
The targeted starting base for this position is $70,000, but for an exceptionally well qualified candidate, they will pay a higher salary. The company offers an outstanding benefits program that starts once hired, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k) with 6% match, and Short-Term Disability. Vacation package starts at two weeks, but is negotiable.
If you meet the qualifications the client is seeking, you should receive a response within 48 hours!
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct permission in advance.