Our client is a world leader in manufacturing for the automotive, public safety, industrial, and medical industries. The organization prides itself on being recognized for its innovation, products, company culture, and dedication to growth. Our client provides services to include manufacturing, engineering and supply chain services, design and testing services, as well as regulatory support processes which utilize common production and support capabilities for a variety of industries globally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Quality Engineering activities involving Supplier Auditing, Supplier Selection, Supplier Development and Training, Quality improvements, Supplier Certification and Supplier response. In addition, the successful candidate will take the lead in managing the PPAP submissions and must have experience on a broad range of duties and roles to include:
- Provides direction and coordinates the Supplier Quality activity within department
- The successful candidate will understand how to implement and maintain a successful Supplier Quality Program while improving the procedures and Work Instructions
- Establish overall Supplier performance goals by driving the annual accomplishment of their goals and continued improvement on Supplier PPM, Corrective Action response/effectiveness. Assist them in their efforts to improve performance in Quality, Delivery and Service
- Collect data and coordinates response to requested Failure Analysis and Corrective Action Response
- Establish overall Supplier performance goals, drives annual accomplishment of these goals and continued improvement on Supplier PPM, Corrective Action response/effectiveness
- Coordinates response to requested Failure Analysis and Corrective Action from our suppliers
- Provide training for suppliers to achieve improved performance using 8-D, PPAP, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing etc.
- Coordinate issuing of Supplier Report Cards
- Effectively manage the Skip Lot and Dock-to-Stock Program
- Manage Supplier Quality Engineering budget
The following is the educational, skills, and/or experience requirements for the Quality Engineer Manager position:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years of quality experience and a minimum of 3 years of supplier quality experience
- 5 years’ experience managing a quality team of 3 or more people
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt and/or Lean Manufacturing
- TS16949 certification is important
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products
The targeted base salary is $85,000; however, our client is willing to pay more for a highly qualified candidate. The company has an outstanding benefits package that starts after working one full calendar month. Benefits include 401(k), Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Long Term & Short-Term Disability, and PTO.
If you meet the qualifications the client is seeking, you should receive a response within 48 hours!
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct permission in advance.